Blog Tagline

Blog Tagline

4/8/14

Bernat Pipsqueak Yarn: Soft, Duplicitous Balls of Evil

Let’s talk for a second about how Bernat Pipsqueak yarn was clearly conceived by Satan.


image


I saw it at Michael’s and couldn’t resist.  So snuggly! So magically soft! So perfect for my next amigurumi project!


Alas. 


The minor downside?  Once you make your stitches YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN.


image



How many single crochets are in the above amigurumi carcass?  Your guess is as good as mine.  It’s impossible to see any stitches once you make them and, even worse, its impossible to tell what hole you’re crocheting into.  If you’re going to use this yarn you had better be really great at counting without starting over because you will definitely never find your place again.  Also hope that you don’t let your hook slip out of the loop, because it will take you at least 13 minutes to get it back where it’s supposed to be.


Also- it sheds.  A lot.  I hope you like the couch/chair/throne you crochet in, because you’ll be picking bits of Pipsqueak yarn out of it for at least 3 months.


Despite my hatred of this beastly substance, I haven’t scrapped my project. IT’S JUST TOO SOFT.  New amigurumi creature & pattern to come!


Ah Bernat Pipsqueak- Once a magical ball of promise, now a duplicitous pile of sheddings in my dust buster.


PS. There IS one being who likes it.  I guess it’s too much to ask a bald Italian Greyhound not to snuggle a pile of yarn that feels like an effing cloud.


image



No comments:

Post a Comment